Below are the sweepstakes standings for 2016-17.
(As of March 31, 2017)
NRRC sweepstakes contest runs from the first day following the close of
the ARBA Convention and runs through the last day of the following Convention.
Previous years' sweepstakes reports can be accessed below:
The following report reveals the trend in popularity
and quality within currently accepted Rex varieties:
Rex Varieties Exhibition Report
A Rex sweepstakes system stimulates interest and competition among Rex Club breeders nationally. A member is granted points for Best in Show, Best of Breed, Best Opposite Sex, Best of Variety, Best Opposite of Variety and First through Fifth place in class, as well as White Fur and Colored Fur. (See Schedule.)
The total number of points earned by each member at sanctioned shows during the year is tabulated by the National Sweepstakes Chairman. The Sweepstakes year ends with the National ARBA Convention. The top ten members in the open standings and the top five in the youth standings at the end of the year, based on the total number of sweepstakes points earned, will each receive a trophy from the National Rex Rabbit Club.
The rules and regulations for the Rex Sweepstakes Shows are as follows:
Sweepstakes points to be valued as follows:
- The club giving the show must contact the National Rex Rabbit Club, Inc. requesting permission to
sanction Rex at least thirty (30) days before the show.
- The full name of the sponsoring club, the town, state and date(2) must be given as well as the ARBA
- A fee of $10.00 for Open and $7.00 for Youth must be forwarded with the sanction request.
- The club giving the show must offer $3.00 for Best Rex and $2.00 for Best Opposite Rex (or rewards of
equal or greater value), provided 10 or more Rex are shown in each competition. If less than 10 Rex
are shown, payment of these specials will be at the discretion of the sponsoring club.
- The sweepstakes offer must be stated in the show catalog or premium list showing the name of the
club, secretary and address and yearly dues. A page from same must be returned with the
sweepstakes report to the Sweepstakes Chairman.
- The National Rex Rabbit Club, Inc. also offers to members a Certificate of Merit at the end of the
sweepstakes year to the top five (5) winners of each variety and the top five (5) places in fur.
- The report form provided must be filled out completely and returned to the Sweepstakes Chairman
within thirty (30) days. If computer forms are sent in place of the report forms, the first page of the
report form must be included, as well as, adding to the computer form the number of breeders and
number of animals in each class and best opposites of variety. Names and addresses of exhibitors are
very important. Members, please use only one consistent name when showing. Incomplete reports will
- Partnerships must adhere to ARBA rulesfor partnerships and all rabbits in a partnership must be
located at the same address. Co-ops are not recognized by the National Rex Rabbit Club, Inc.
- Youth exhibitors who earn points in Open shows may add those points to their youth points. Youth
members must inform the Sweepstakes Chairman directly by the beginning of the sweepstakes year if
they want their points combined.
- The Sweepstakes Year starts the day after the last day of an ARBA Convention through the last day of
the next ARBA Convention.
(If 5 rabbits / 3 exhibitors...)
- Best in Show..................20 POINTS
- Best of Breed..................20 POINTS
- Best Opposite Sex...........10 POINTS
- Best of Variety................10 POINTS
- Best Opposite of Variety....5 POINTS
Class & Fur Points (No multiplier...)
- 1st Place..........................5 POINTS
- 2nd Place.........................4 POINTS
- 3rd Place..........................3 POINTS
- 4th Place..........................2 POINTS
- 5th Place...........................1POINT
ALL POINTS ARE CUMULATIVE
From the above information, a variety report, fur report and average points per show report (minimum of 3
shows required in the average points report) will be constructed. Certificates of merit will be awarded at the end of the sweepstakes year (ARBA Convention) to the top five (5) place winners of each variety, white and colored fur, average points per show and the quality standings.
Quality Point Report is based on the following (If 5 rabbits / 3 exhibitors...)
- Best in Show.........................4 POINTS
- Best Reserve or Best 4 Class...3 POINTS
- Best of Breed.........................2 POINTS
- Best Opposite of Breed............1 POINT
Return to Top
Show Secretaries...Please remember to get your show reports submitted within 30 days following the date of your show.
The 2017 NRRC Sweepstakes Contest began:
OCTOBER 13, 2016
SANCTION REX AT
YOUR NEXT SHOW!
You can now request
and pay for your
Rex sanction online!
Click here to access.
If you'd rather request a sanction and pay through the mail, you can download the following forms:
Rex Show Report Form
Note: The above forms are 'fillable' PDFs and you can type your information directly into the form, print, and mail to the NRRC Sweepstakes Chair.
You must have Adobe Acrobat Pro installed on your PC in order to be able to save the form with the filled in data. If you wish to retain a copy of the submission for your records, please print two (2) pages of each page you wish to keep.